Department of Homeland Security (DHS) United States Coast Guard (USCG) CG-9326 Polar Icebreaker
Work with the USCG to perform an Analysis of Alternatives (AoA) to help determine the future of the USCG Icebreaker fleet.
- Define all the maintenance actions, engineering changes, parts, costs, and technological refreshes necessary to achieve the targeted service life extension.
- Perform system analysis onboard POLAR STAR (including machinery history, non-mission capable data and supply delays) to assess the serviceability, missing configuration items (e.g., radars and communications gear).
- Assess supply chain viability for the systems within POLAR SEA’s configuration and those considered for upgrades to match POLAR STAR.
- Develop a POAM to prepare POLAR STAR for decommissioning and lay-up in a manner similar to the preservation dry-dock for POLAR SEA.
- Conduct a physical configuration audit of each major system onboard both POLAR STAR and POLAR SEA to identify equipment onboard POLAR SEA that can (or cannot) be used by POLAR STAR after a service life extension project.