REQ 1211 – Engineer (IP)
Zantech IT Services, Inc. provides IT, engineering and program management services to federal government and industry clients.
Located in Tysons Corner, VA, Zantech provides Federal Government agencies with the solutions and expertise to improve customer services and maintain high levels of customer satisfaction. By focusing on standards-based processes and tools, Zantech helps its clients meet their mission objectives, maintain mission critical functions, and transform mission sensitive systems.
Zantech is totally focused on providing “Outstanding Performance…Always” to its customers.
JOB TITLE: Engineer (IP)
LOCATION: Lorton, VA
REPORTS TO: VP of Operations
This position supports the United States Department of Homeland Security, specifically the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE).
Provide expertise in Video over IP as related to digital video and audio transport over IP networks. Should have an extensive background and education related to IP video data, digital media storage, transport, encryption, video management software, remote access, storage archiving, cameras and other related video evidence devices. May have worked in the commercial television, security industry, military, or government fields, or have experience in computer science and server administration. Engineer may support migration to centrally managed video architecture and also interface with other groups within the government who have a desire to centralize video storage.
The candidate, as a minimum, shall perform the following tasks with federal oversight:
- Develop software applications involved with IP Cameras., i.e., PowerShell • Active directory administration • Maintain Video management software programs • Configure and manage video network servers, switches, routers, and various connectivity methods • Design secure network architecture to prevent intrusion • Provide technical assistance in developing applications of products • Maintain storage arrays by Dell, EMC, Hitachi, or similar products • Monitor and troubleshoot IP and analog video cameras and factors affecting transmission performance • Maintain optical storage and archiving solutions and emergency system backup • Provide training and develop technical user/help guides for video evidence and management systems
- Provide expert level knowledge and advice on topics that are critical to supporting the missions of the covert video program.
- Assist in planning, testing and support for covert surveillance hardware, software and implementation.
- Successfully diagnose and resolve technical and hardware issues including assistance to technical support.
· Six (6) years in any engineering field.
· Experience with IP specific security protocols and encryption
· Familiarity with IP and analog cameras, and compression standards (H.264, M-JPEG).
· The Government requires an engineer certified or trained within industry standard video and security products and companies offering enterprise capabilities such as Airship, Milestone, Verint, Exacq, Dell, Cisco, Hitachi, or ONSSI.
· BA/BS in a relevant field, i.e. electronic engineering, video management, or network management or equivalent work experience is required.
Zantech is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
To apply to this position, email your resume to: email@example.com