REQ 1200 – Red Hat Linux System Administrator II (CTSII043)
Zantech IT Services, Inc. provides IT, engineering and program management services to federal government and industry clients.
Located in Tysons Corner, VA, Zantech provides Federal Government agencies with the solutions and expertise to improve customer services and maintain high levels of customer satisfaction. By focusing on standards-based processes and tools, Zantech helps its clients meet their mission objectives, maintain mission critical functions, and transform mission sensitive systems.
Zantech is totally focused on providing “Outstanding Performance…Always” to its customers.
JOB TITLE: Red Hat Linux SA II (CTSII043)
LOCATION: Kearneysville, WV or Chesapeake, VA
REPORTS TO: Program Manager
The System Administrator (SA) works as a member of the PaaS Operations Team, providing daily system support and maintenance for Red Hat Linux systems. The SA is expected to have a thorough technical knowledge of his/her systems and must be capable of executing independent and team tasks as assigned.
He/she must be a team player and willing to interact with other people at all levels throughout the organization. He/She must also possess an outstanding ability to identify and troubleshoot hardware and software issues across a variety of systems and platforms, and must be able to support a duty analyst role, in which troubleshooting and support activities would need to be supported 24 x 7. Off-hours and/or shift work may be required for this position in the future.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Day-to-day operations and administration of systems supported by the COSS Team
- Technical support for the system including responding to Help Desk tickets and working with users to resolve issues.
- BMC BladeLogic Server Automation operations work to include server update scheduling, results analysis, troubleshooting, and correcting issues.
- Performing system upgrades and maintenance tasks, including installation and configuration of Red Hat Linux operating systems, administration of user accounts, and maintenance of system security posture.
- Architectural design, implementation and continuous improvement of support and application system infrastructure.
- System performance tuning, data recovery, etc.
- Installing and upgrading system software and supporting operating system configuration in support of application and database software
- Creating, maintaining, and restoring system backups.
- Providing technical input for policies and procedures, and maintaining accurate documentation on those policies/procedures.
- Adhering to Change/Configuration Management procedures and policies.
- Properly estimating work efforts and technical challenges (scoping projects).
- Research and investigate problems, diagnose and provide resolution or viable solutions for hardware and software issues; appropriately escalating and reporting recommendations clearly and effectively to management and team.Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in supporting Red Hat Linux Server Operating Systems
- 1-3 years’ experience with consolidating or centralizing server administration
- Ability to work well in a team environment, promote customer service and handle complex technical issues
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Ability to support systems 24×7 and be on-call
- 1-3 years’ experience with Server Automation Tools, preferably BMC’s BladeLogic Server Automation Suite
- Desireable: HP-UX experience
- Desireable: Oracle DBA knowledge
- Desireable: Experience with BMC Remedy Action Request System and any of its associated applications, such as Service Request, Change Management, Asset Management, Incident Management, etc.
- Experience with server security hardening and security implementation strategies in support of DOD
- Experience with System Monitoring Tools
- Experience with blade servers and/or server virtualization
- Desireable: Familiarity with USCG OSC systems and operations
- Familiarity with the ITILv3 Framework
- Desireable: Experience supporting Windows Server Operating Systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, IT Engineering or related degree program; or current IT certification with sufficient technical experience to substitute for the formal education requirement.
OTHER UNIQUE REQUIREMENTS:
- US Citizens only. This position requires applicants to successfully complete a background check and NACI, prior to starting.
- Candidate must have or will be required to obtain Security+ certification within 3 months of start date.
Zantech is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled are encouraged to apply.