REQ 1122 – Jr Computer System Specialist/AV Tech
Zantech IT Services, Inc. provides IT, engineering and program management services to federal government and industry clients.
Located in Tysons Corner, VA, Zantech provides Federal Government agencies with the solutions and expertise to improve customer services and maintain high levels of customer satisfaction. By focusing on standards-based processes and tools, Zantech helps its clients meet their mission objectives, maintain mission critical functions, and transform mission sensitive systems.
Zantech is totally focused on providing “Outstanding Performance…Always” to its customers.
JOB TITLE: Jr Computer System Specialist/Facilities/Multimedia Technician
LOCATION: Kearneysville, WV
REPORTS TO: Project Manager
This position will support ongoing requirements of the United States Coast Guard Operations Systems Center (USCG OSC) Data Floor, Facilities, and Asset Management IT Support Contract in Kearneysville, West Virginia. This position will specifically support the Facilities Support requirements of the contract with a focus on OSC Audio/Visual systems.
• Sets-up audio-visual equipment as required to optimize briefings, presentations and meetings
• Configures and troubleshoots classified and unclassified video teleconferences
• Performs maintenance of audio-visual equipment
• Evaluates new technologies for possible application to enhance the capabilities of the presentation room; assists with the development and implementation of system security education, training, and program awareness
• Develop and maintain relationships and good communication with users
• Teach user community how to operate audio/visual equipment as necessary
• Respond quickly to last minute requests by faculty and staff
• Perform minor repairs on equipment
• Recommend, on an ongoing basis, equipment upgrades and additions to current inventory that would benefit the USCG OSC
• Supports permanent equipment installations through vendor coordination
• Perform configurations, testing and operation, and maintenance of video components
• Able to assist with integrating conference rooms including Cisco ISDN and IP VTC/Telepresence systems endpoints, AMX, Extron, and Crestron control systems and switches
• Assist with Printer/Copier/Fax maintenance and support
• Assist with server maintenance and support
• Assist with campus security system maintenance and support
• Other duties as assigned
• Excellent written and verbal skills (English)
• Personal initiative (i.e. self-starter)
• Strong organizational skills
• Excellent computer skills and the ability to create high-value deliverables
• Strong customer service and consultation skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work both independently and in a team environment
• Ability to maintain flexible work hours (work hours are consistent but occasional ad hoc requirements may necessitate flexible hours)
• Work within a matrix organization to support priority initiatives even those outside primary area of responsibility
• Thorough knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite of Tools (Word, Excel, Project, Power Point, Visio, etc)
• Ability to travel periodically
• Direct experience with various fixed/portable audio-visual systems and equipment
• Experience operating audio-visual briefing systems including, but not limited to: sound systems, video projection and editing systems, video interface devices, videoconferencing, video recording and playback systems, and multi-media production software
• Basic A/V equipment programming, configuration and installation experience
• Experience working in a high-demand office environment
• Experience with basic desktop support
• Experience with computer troubleshooting and repair
• Experience in printer/copier maintenance and support
• Detail-oriented, well organized and able to handle multiple tasks
• Must have a professional demeanor, positive attitude, patience, flexibility and a customer-service attitude
• Associates Degree preferred but not required
• Security + certification preferred (will be required within 6 months of hire)
• Must be able to obtain and retain a DHS authorized Secret level clearance
Zantech IT is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled are encouraged to apply.
To apply to this position, email your re