Department of State (DOS) Consolidated American Payroll Processing System (CAPPS)
Provide services through the entire Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) in areas including, requirements analysis, design, quality assurance, testing, implementation, configuration management, process management, and support to operate and maintain CAPPS.
- Gather requirements through meetings with finance users—supervisory accountants, auditors, and payroll/systems accountants—to discuss business needs and encapsulate them into application specific requirements.
- Handle all inbound interfaces to CAPPS from related financial systems, such as the Web Time and Attendance via Telecommunications (Web_TATEL), the Retirement Records System (RRS), the Government Employee Management System (GEMS), and other applications such as Employee Express and Annuitant Express.
- Perform requirements analysis of the compensation systems support life cycle.
- Develop detailed designs and technical requirements and make changes to all impacted software modules including changes to the file layouts, program logic, and interfaces between applications.
- Facilitate thorough system testing for all changes to the payroll system, ensuring that requirements are reconciled as part of the test process.
- Provide continuous support of long term development, upgrade and maintenance of CAPPS.
A Special Projects Team member recently received special recognition in the form of a written commendation from the customer for the “outstanding job that she has done to facilitate the development and deployment of this release. She is thorough, diligent, and extremely professional in all her involvement with all the key stakeholders on a high visibility project.”